NBA Live 14 interview – Sean O’Brien
On Halloween, I had a chance to speak with Sean O’Brien, Executive Producer for EA Sports NBA Live 14.
We had a chance to discuss quite a few aspects of the return of the franchise and here’s a sample of what we covered.
– Sean’s background with EA Sports, starting with his time as one of the first mo-cap athletes for NBA Live
– Is there more pressure to rebuild the franchise after the years off?
– What possibility is there of a PC return of the game?
– How closely is ESPN integrated into the product?
– What sorts of updates can we expect for the title on a regular basis?
– The balance between detail and game play
– What does the Ignite engine offer that couldn’t have been done on the previous console generation?
– How the game is more data driven rather than being code based
– Are there other gameplay modes outside of 5-on-5?
Enjoy the interview!