- So, the game that I’ve been adoring over the last few days is Diablo III on the PS3. When I played it on the PC a year or so ago, the game really just felt….. not right (pretty technical description there.)
Playing it on the PS3 now, though, just feels perfect. The loot rates are awesome and the controls work wonderfully. I’m working through Act II right now and playing on the Hard difficulty and I love every minute of it. It seems as though they’ve taken everything that I loved about a game like Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance (a game that I loved an insane amount) and brought it into the Diablo world.
If you didn’t like the PC version, give the console version a shot. I love it.
- Dan mentioned the Kontrol Freak sticks for the Xbox One and PS4. They sent me the PS4 editions of the FPS Snipr sticks a few weeks ago and I enjoyed the control they offered with the games that I was playing. The one caveat that I would state about that particular version is that if you liked the feel of the sticks on the PS3, that’s the one to go with. The FPS Freek Ultra stick is more inline with the new PS4 control sticks as they have that concave feeling on the sticks. Before trying them, I wouldn’t have thought that extending the sticks would be a big deal, but after using them, I have to say that I really did like playing games with them.
- On Wednesday I went to the doctor as I’ve been having some serious problems with my hip since my last half-marathon. They did an x-ray as part of the process and told me that I have degenerative joint disease (along with a possible impingement) in my right hip. Looking at the treatments, it appears that I might be looking at a hip replacement… at age 39. Awesome! I’ll find out more when I start to meet with the orthopedic staff, but suffice to say that I’m really excited about it.
Honestly though, I just want to get the issue resolved. If I need surgery, I would rather get it done now rather than deal with pain in the future.
Over time, it has become very clear to me that my body doesn’t agree with the exercise and activities I try to put it though. 1 rotator cuff repair, 1 right shoulder labrum repair, and now a possible hip replacement. Sigh….
- Nintendo is up to 11.5 million 3DS/3DS XL/2DS consoles sold in the U.S. now. Remember all those times when people keep saying that they should get out of that business and sell their games on iPhones? Yeah…
Oh, they also have a 45% increase in software sales as well. Certainly the WiiU is struggling (although it is the system that my family plays more than any of the others,) but their handheld line of business seems to be as strong as ever.
- You have to continue to be astounded by how good the Wisconsin basketball team looks at this point. They’ve won games where they’ve scored in the 40′s, 50′s, 60′s, 70′s, 80′s, 90′s, and 100′s. 4 players are averaging over 10 points, and no one is averaging more than 14.3. Currently, the scoring average is 76.4 and they’re only allowing 61.1 per game as well. Pretty impressive stuff.
The team that they remind me most of at this point is the 2000 Michigan State Spartans team. That team could do just about everything right (offensively and defensively) and while this Wisconsin team still has a way to go to match up to a squad like that one, you can’t argue with their 16-0 record with the tough schedule that they have played. (Can’t wait to see them play Ohio State and Michigan State.)
- There are still some other very long and complicated posts that I’m working on writing up (that are much more personal than I usually write on here) and those should be coming soon. Safe to say that there have been plenty of changes in my life in the last year and I just wanted to talk about them somewhere, might as well be here.